by Stephen Rodgers
Note: It’s been a while since I’ve done an “Editor’s Note” post, and I’m thrilled to finally be able to show you the reason why. We’ve been working on a series of “hub posts” here at the Beacon: collecting previous series and topics of articles in a single location. In the future, we’ll be able to update this page in order to provide everyone with a handy reference to these series.
I hope they bless you as much as they’ve blessed me!
This is a collection of hub posts for the various series available internally here on the Beacon. For a similar list of resources available externally, please see our Recommended Resources page.
- Abortion – A collection of articles, sermons, and resources on the subject of abortion.
- Baptism – A 7-part series by Richard Shin on understanding the ordinance of baptism. This now also contains additional articles, sermons, and resources on the subject of baptism.
- BOB – An ongoing series that studies all 66 of the books of the Bible by Stephen Rodgers. I’ve moved it up from the section below because the OT books are complete, and the series is taking a (temporary) break.
- Caution – A 3-part series by Mike Chon on humility and pride.
- Church Discipline – A collection of articles, sermons, and resources on the subject of church discipline.
- Church Plant Interviews – A 9-part series by Richard Shin interviewing the Pastors of LBC both before and after the San Jose church plant.
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions – A 5-part series by Mike Chon on Biblical decision-making.
- DTR – A collection of articles, sermons, and resources on the subject of dating and relationships.
- Encouragement – A 7-part series by Mike Chon on encouragement.
- Getting Back to Basics – A 2-part series by Patrick Cho on spiritual disciplines.
- Gray Issues – A 7-part series by Peter Lim on understanding so-called “gray issues” (or “wisdom issues”) in the life of a Christian.
- Israel Journal – A 20-part series by Patrick Cho detailing his trip to Israel.
- Lessons from a Child’s Heart – A 5-part series by Mike Chon on lessons we can learn from the attitudes of children.
- Living Theology – A 59-part series by Garrett Glende on how to apply doctrine to our daily lives.
- Nebát Se A Nekrást – A 2-part series by Stephen Rodgers on how the personal motto of Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk gets to the core of Christian devotion.
- No Better Place on Earth – A 2-part series by Peter Lim examining priorities in this life vs. realities of the next.
- Peacemaker – A 16-part series by Cesar Vigil-Ruiz (mostly) on Biblical conflict resolution.
- Signs of Spiritual Maturity – An 18-part series by Peter Lim that takes a look at what progressive sanctification looks like on a very practical basis.
- Star Trek and the Local Church – A 2-part series by Peter Lim examining church polity using the analogy of Star Trek.
- The Apostle Thomas – A 4-part series by Stephen Rodgers on the person of the Apostle Thomas.
- The Glorious Gospel – A 7-part series by Patrick Cho on the details and implications of the Gospel.
- Understanding the Lord’s Supper – A 4-part series by Richard Shin on understanding the ordinance of communion.
The following series will be added to the list when they are concluded. Until then, you can click on them to catch up and stay current. (Please note that since they are ongoing, the search feature may be slightly imprecise)