The gospel is the good news of our final and full enjoyment of the glory of God in the face of Christ. That this enjoyment had to be purchased for sinners at the cost of Christ’s life makes his glory shine all the more brightly. And that this enjoyment is a free and unmerited gift makes it shine more brightly still. But the price Jesus paid for the gift and the unmerited freedom of the gift are not the gift. The gift is Christ himself as the glorious image of God—seen and savored with everlasting joy. (John Piper, God is the Gospel)
by Richard Shin
- Warning: there are some graphic details in the following posts. The Kermit Gosnell case has (kind of) taken center stage on the ongoing debate about abortion. You can find more information here. There is a short commentary here. And I wouldn’t be surprised if you hadn’t heard of it for these reasons here.
- If you haven’t heard, Pastor Rick Warren’s son committed suicide. In light of this, there have been a number posts revolving around the topic of mental illness and suicide. You can find a couple of them here and here. You can also find a collection of resources here.
- I know it’s not Easter anymore, but it’s never a bad time to remind ourselves of Christ’s resurrection. Taking it a step further, Challies expands upon 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 and shares what happens if dead men don’t rise.
- I’m beginning to enjoy Jesse Johnson’s articles at the Cripplegate more and more. Here, he begins a 2-parter on the distinction between the Law and the Gospel. He then follows with three reasons the Law/Gospel’s absolute distinction is incorrect here. And it’s a bit of a prelude to his review of Tullian Tchividjian’s book Jesus + Nothing = Everything here.
- Married men, do you find yourself getting lost mentally when your wife starts talking with (to… at) you? Here‘s some practice advice for both the husband and wife.
Fewer bullets, but I think that’s plenty. Enjoy!