As we’ve done in years past, we’ll be taking a brief hiatus for the month of July. In case anyone is curious as to the reasons behind that, in no particular order they are:
- This is a time where a number of our members who support the Beacon directly and indirectly are unavailable: many collegians are out of town, summer mission team members are out of the country, etc.
- This is a time where we like to give our pastors, elders, and ministry coordinators a little bit of a break from writing articles. Some use it to catch up, others to get ahead, but they really do appreciate a few weeks off. And this year, some of them are also out on the mission field.
- Last but not least, this gives us on the Beacon staff an opportunity to update, upgrade, and generally tweak some of the code under the hood, without the fear that we’ll inadvertently bring the site down and prevent you from receiving fresh content. (We just inadvertently bring down the site and prevent you from receiving any content whatsoever…just kidding…mostly).
In the meantime, I’d encourage you to take the opportunity to explore and catch up on some past articles you may have missed. Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Since summer missions are happening now, you might want to review either the entire missions category, or the Argentina missions or Czech missions sub-categories. We recently did a whole series on missions, so if you haven’t been reading that, this is a great chance to catch up.
- An oldie-but-a-goodie is the Peacemaker series. If you haven’t read that book or listened to that Sunday School series, I’d strongly recommend you do so.
- And if that’s still not enough for you, then you’re welcome to browse all our various series, check out recommended resources, or find a ministry to join.
That’s it for now. See you in August!