I came to LBC in August 2006 when my family and I moved to San Diego from Austin, TX. Since then I’ve been working at UCSD in Foundation Accounting. I’m so blessed to be a part of a church that upholds a high view of God and His Word and also our leaders who are committed to teaching God’s Truth.
I joined the Fireflies nursery ministry soon after becoming a member in late 2006. I love serving in the nursery!! Our babies/toddlers are so precious and they are able to hear and learn about who God is! What a blessing! I also love serving alongside our fellow staff ladies. I’m always amazed at how God is growing our understanding of what it means to work together for the church body.
- Hobbies: reading, hiking, cooking, cleaning, playing Sudoku, jigsaw puzzles, playing with Charis
- Favorite Christian Books: The Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArthur; Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes; Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney; Choosing To See by Mary Beth Chapman
- Favorite Verse: Lamentations 3:22-23
Mabel Tse – Scheduling
Hello! I have been happily married to Kevin Tse for a little over 3 years. God brought me to Lighthouse in 2005 after I moved back home to San Diego and has been faithful in growing me so much these past few years through the preaching of our pastor and elders. I’m so thankful to be able to serve the youngest members of our church! Not only are they super cute, but this ministry has challenged me to consider how to pass on the greatness of God to little ones through my actions and conversations with them. I also love serving in this ministry because it provides opportunities to get to know other sisters in our church family. As the scheduling coordinator, I get the wonderful opportunity to coordinate the Fireflies’ schedule for each Sunday as well as meet with prospective new Fireflies’ staff.
- Hobbies: hanging out with people, reading books, watching movies, listening to country music, spending time with Kevin =)
- Favorite Book: Our Awesome God by: John MacArthur
- Favorite Verse: James 1:2-8
Sallie Yang – Curriculum